tlug: KDE, GTK...etc. etc

I have been coming across lot of different X libraries. What are these libraries
for?

I have my X windows up with fvwm-X manager. It does all I need from X Windows.

What extra benefit do I get from these new libraries?
Which is the most widely used and becoming the standard?

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3@example.com
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691