Re: tlug: Wow - spendy.

Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> Yikes! Is it just me or is that highway robbery? I can almost see the price
> for a hard drive that is half melted or something, but a DAT tape which
> probably has one bad block on it?
> I guess i don't need my data _that_ bad....

I find the price _very_ reasonable. For a corporation, that is. For most
companies it equals somewhere in between half a week and two weeks
work depending on who's counting. We have actually used them once
professionally to recover data on a crashed hard disk (se note below).
Didn't make a dent in the project budget. (I did dent the project
plan though)

For you and me? $2900 is a bit over the budget, to say the least. But on
the other hand, we are hardly part of the main target group for IBAS

/Fredric

Note: I _do not_ want to explain why there where no backup's made. There
      was a reason but this is probably the most stupid reason ever
      in the history of software development or even mankind. (and yes,
      I am still mad about it >;-( )
*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691