Re: tlug: Relaying domains

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Dave Gutteridge wrote:

> To remedy this situation, I should have a file called
> /etc/mail/relay-domains where I list the places from which my SMTP
> server will accept mail that I want relayed onwards. (Stop me if i
> sound confused).

You're doing okay so far.

> So what do I do? How can I get sendmail to not be too picky about where I
> want to relay from, without opening my machine up to all the spammers in
> the world?

Add this line to /etc/sendmail.cf, somewhere near the top (before the
rulesets):

FR-o /etc/mail/relay-domains

Configuring sendmail can be very scary.  There is a trick to it, though --
you don't ever _need_ to edit sendmail.cf.  It's generated from a recipie
file that is _much_ easier to understand.  When you want to change
sendmail behavior, make it in the recipie and regenerate sendmail.cf.  If
you want, send me private email and I can show you how.

-- Chris

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691