RE: tlug: help with Diamond Viper 330 card

>>> I am using xf86Setup to configure XWindows. I choose the Diamond Viper
>330
>>> adaptor and SVGA server, but when xf86Setup saves the setup and trys to
>run,
>>> the whole screen just goes blank.
>>
>>I have two Viper 330 cards running under Linux and they do auto-probe
>>successfully under TurboLinux.   It may be that either 1) The monitor
>>specs you are supplying are ones that can't actually be met by your
>>monitor and/or the card, or 2) SuperProbe is sick.

Just to let everyone know, I got X up and running fine. It turned out to be
that I had the monitor settings wrong. Checking the vertical and horizontal
sync rates of the monitor on the Mitsubishi homepage solved the problem. All
you Diamond Multimedia fans out there can relax . . . the card wasn't the
problem (although I don't know why SuperProbe didn't work).

Anyway, thanks to Johnathan B. and Stephen T.

David Walter
Kobe, Japan
warrior@example.com

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691