RE: tlug: help with Diamond Viper 330 card

>    D> I have just installed Vine Linux 0.9b on my DEC server.
>
>Is this an Alpha or an Intel box?

Its just a Intel P5-200 x 2. It wasn't really relevant to the problem, but I
just wrote it to give the story more context.

>    D> Does anyone have one of these cards running and could they tell
>    D> me the correct settings? The SuperProbe program just returns a
>    D> "unknown VGA card" message.
>
>That doesn't sound good.  A modern card should identify itself
>correctly.  OTOH, it is the RIVA 128....

Yes, you're right. I should send the Config files in the future (for other
problems).  Right now, I don't PPP or email or anything setup, so I am
emailing from another machine. Thanks for the advice.

>Did you try hitting Ctrl-Alt-MINUS a few times to switch to lower
>resolution when the X server was (allegedly) running?

No. I'll give this a try when I get home. Thanks.

David Walter
Kobe, Japan
warrior@example.com

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691