Re: tlug: help with Diamond Viper 330 card

    jb> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, D.A. Walter wrote:

    >> I am using xf86Setup to configure XWindows. I choose the
    >> Diamond Viper 330 adaptor and SVGA server, but when xf86Setup
    >> saves the setup and trys to run, the whole screen just goes
    >> blank.

Even an Xpert can't do much (unless it's a FAQ; did you check the
docs?) with that much information.  Go ahead, post the XF86Config.
You should always post relevant config files, usually in full, when
you're asking for help with configuration.  This is a technical list,
it won't hurt us to see some code ;-)

    jb> Try this: since you know you have a Viper 330, instead of
    jb> having it probe for the card, choose the card from the list
    jb> instead, then configure your monitor.

Hm.  As I read it, he _was_ specifying the card.  Either way,
Jonathan's advice is good:  do it whichever way you haven't done yet.

Are the monitor and card "known good", ie you've seen them work in
better than VGA resolution?

Did you try hitting Ctrl-Alt-MINUS a few times to switch to lower
resolution when the X server was (allegedly) running?

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691