Re: tlug: cheating sendmail

    Tetsuji> How about using newaliases and /etc/alias?  Emails to
    Tetsuji> kov@example.com are sent to dk@example.com  See man pages of newaliases
    Tetsuji> (not newalias) and sendmail.

Nope, aliases work for incoming mail. My problem is opposite - for
outgoing.  Aliases mechanism doesn't do any re-writing, sendmail just
forwards mail on receiving accordingly to that file (or aliases NIS map or
anything like this).

I want something to re-write my return address on _sending_.

- dmytro

    >>  Well... everybody is writing exclusively on anti-spam
    >> subject. Are technical questions still OK?  ;)
    >>
    >> Reading some old mails...

    >> to >> do is that > the From field of email becomes >>
    >> "tetsuji@example.com" even the email is > sent by usual >>
    >> mail or mh.  Now I cheat by setting hostname to > >>
    >> MailAndNews.com, but it causes problems in samba.  My computer
    >> need is >> cf/README.  Search for "envelope"; what you want to
    >> do is spoof >> the envelope on mail coming out of your sendmail
    >> daemon.  The >> function in the m4 configuration macros is >>
    >> MASQUERADE_ENVELOPE() or something like that.
    >>
    >> I have a slightly different question. I have login 'dk' at home
    >> and my mail at ISP is kov@example.com
    >>
    >> What I can do is masquerade my mailhub, that it will present
    >> itself as 'tokyo.email.ne.jp', but then all mails from me at
    >> that host would be From: dk@example.com, not kov@example.com
    >>
    >> Is there any way to masquerade user login name, that all mails
    >> (outside) will translate dk@example.com -> kov@example.com (let's suppose I
    >> don't want to create separate account for this).
    >>

    Tetsuji> -- Tetsuji Rai Tokyo Japan PPL 2476457
    Tetsuji> tetsuji@example.com Aviation Jokes:
    Tetsuji> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Station/9416/

    Tetsuji> -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tetsuji> Next Technical Meeting: April 10 (Sat), 12:30 place:
    Tetsuji> Temple Univ.  *** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for
    Tetsuji> Linux Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae
    Tetsuji> 03-3275-3691
    Tetsuji> more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp Sponsor: Global Online
    Tetsuji> Japan
Dmytro Kovalev