Re: tlug: Unix & systems C++ programmer wanted

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999, Chris Sekiya wrote:

> I really hate to dredge up unpleasantness, but this particular ad bothers
> me.

[snip]

> That sucker was spam.

[snip]

I was called away from my desk for an emergency meeting before I was able
to send the text below.  I am curious to see what the response of the list
to it will be.

*****

I didn't realize that the list was quite such a private enclave, Chris.

I know Ian from a running group that we both belong to.  He is exactly who
he claims to be.  He told me over a beer on Sunday that his firm needed
someone who knows C++ and does English and Japanese.  I suggested to him
that he send a note to the TLUG list, because I thought it might be a
useful forum through which his firm and a programmer who has the talent
and the skills that they require might find one another.

If you want this kind of thing pre-screened, then change the policy (and
find someone to do the screening).  If you want only members to send to
the list, then block non-members from posting to the list and save
yourself some time.

Is there something wrong with that chain of reasoning?

G'day,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691