Re: tlug: Unix & systems C++ programmer wanted

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Darren Cook wrote:

> Is it possible to add the restriction that only subscribers can post to the
> lists?

There is a proposal on tlug-admin to do something very similar.

> Clearing posts sounds like too much beaurocracy to me.

For a nonsubscriber?  If they want to post the job offer, they ask one of
the guys on the info alias (meaning Jonathan or Alberto, usually) to
forward it on its merits.  That's not bureaucracy -- it's common courtesy.

> Well, you can prefer Windows for your email and still be a Linux fan :-).

The post had nothing to do with linux.  In fact, given the composition of
the tlug list, only three or four of us would fit the criteria.

That sucker was spam.

-- Chris

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691