Re: tlug: Tape Transcribers wanted

On 17:09 99/03/23 +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote...

> I spent about 8 hours at NHK on Saturday... They still had a lot more tapes
> that they wanted transcribed.  One of the tapes I did indeed was heavily
> loaded with computer buzzwords, another had a few, but others were mostly
> marketing-speak that anyone that could have done.

I spent yesterday and today at NHK. They have done an impressive set of
interviews. I listened to about 8-10 hourse in those two days. Fortunatly
I only needed to transcribe 10min or so from a tape you couldn't finish
(the boring one), and the rest was filling in the (sometimes huge) gaps
that the original transcriber left.
The only technical stuff was from Moxxlla.org with SSL, cryptography and
so forth. That one and the xBM were really poorly transcribed. Must have
been a beginner. In contrast the 4 hours or so of Linus were nicely done.
Just that Linux ended up Lennox and that they were developping a Colonel :)

The show is going to air on 4/1 and the lady doing this promised she would
ask her superiour if they could release some interview tapes to the community
as it was such a pity she couldn't air it all. (Of course after the
interviewees agree)

I also set them up with a Mozilla M3 build on Windows and I am gonna prepare
a Linux screenshot for them (hell, was time to get gtk+-1.2 anyway)

BTE, a mainstream weekly magazin "Shukan Bunshun" will have a Linux article
for the general public.("What is Linux") going on sale on the 25th. The guy
has been using Linux for several month so I hope Linux will get "correct"
press.

           Oliver M. Bolzer
        oliver@example.com

PGP-Public-Key: http://www.forest.impress.co.jp/info/win-j/pgpkey.html
PGP-Fingerprint:   0A A5 48 FB FC 72 69 1A  7E 7F 08 34 48 14 C7 77
$B!V$J$K$b$+$b8+<:$C$?KM$O!"Nx0&$K;j>e$N2ACM$rCV$$$F!"0&$9$k=w@example.com$K5_$$(J
$B!!$r5a$a$k$7$+L5$+$C$?$s$@!#$=$l$,!"H`=w$@$h!#KM$O!"Nx0&$H$$$&L>A0(J
$B!!$N=!65$N68?.http://www.tlug.gr.jp        Sponsor: Global Online Japan