Re: tlug: Tape Transcribers wanted

What is happening with this project?  Has it taken flight (is it going to
happen or has it already happened)?

___
 Davin Sneed			 | "They say two thousand zero zero party
 <nivad@example.com> ICQ: 668259 | over, oops out of time. So tonight I'm
 <http://www.bigfoot.com/~nivad> | gonna party like it's 1999" -- Prince

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Uva Coder wrote:

> I would like to volunteer to help. Please let me know where and when.
> I will do it for free.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Uva Coder
> email: uvacoder@example.com
> url:   tlug.linux.or.jp/~uvacoder
> tel:   0462-69-0255
>
> ----------
> >From: YAMAGATA Hiroo <hiyori13@example.com>
> >To: tlug@example.com
> >Subject: tlug: Tape Transcribers wanted
> >Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:58:25 +0900
> >

> >NHK is trying to do a Linux Special Program. This seems to be a better
> >media coverage of Linux, not those hack jobs by stupid reporters who heard
> >about the thing yesterday.
> >
> >Now, they did a US interview tour, including Linus and IBM and RedHat and
> >some active developers. Then, they sent out the tape for transcription, but
> >their usual people can't make heads or tails out of it because it's filled
> >with wierd technical terms, like gcc perl kernel with emaxen whatever. They
> >need help.
> >
> >They are looking for;
> >
> >1. 2 or 3 people who can do tape transcription of the interview. They think
> >the content is technical and specialized, but considering the fact that
> >this is done by these people, it cannot be that difficult.
> >
> >2. Of course, you will be payed for the work. I don't know how much. They
> >prefer some poor student that they can rip off, and has enough time in the
> >coming week or so, but OK, you can still have your day job.
> >
> >3. You don't need Japanese skills, this is and English to English
> >transcription.
> >
> >4. If you have any other terms and condition, name them.
> >

> >If anyone is willing to do this, or know anyone that may be interested,
> >could you please drop me a mail? Thanks.
> >
> >Best,
> >Hiroo

> Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Technical Meeting: April 10 (Sat), 12:30   place: Temple Univ.
> more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp        Sponsor: Global Online Japan

*** featuring: LabView and UDB/DB2 for Linux
Next Nomikai: May 21 (Fri), 19:30    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691