tlug: One for the JIS experts?

Dear all,

This is admittedly a question with little to no Linux connection.
Flame me if you must, but this isn't for profit.  I'm a mere academic
fishing for information.

I'm researching a new piece of Japanese legislation that provides for the
electronic registration of transfers of rights to payment between
financing agencies.  As the system is fully electronic, the Ministry of
Justice has issued an order that contains fairly detailed specifications
of the hardware and the file format and so forth.

One of the specifications relates to the medium to be used.  It is (sorry,
my kanji input system is broken at the moment):

  The hardware and track format of the registration disk shall be one
  of the following:

    - 90 millimetre flexible disk cartridge

      The hardware (disk) shall be as specified in JIS X6223, and
      the track format shall be as specified in JIS X6225.

    - 90 millimeter laser ("hikari") disk cartridge

      The hardware (disk) and track format shall be as specified in
      JIS X6272 and X6275.

Would this mean a bog-standard Japan-market hard-case 1.2Meg floppy disk
in the first instance, and a 640Meg MO in the second?  Anyone know how to
access the JIS classifications?  Is there a Web site, or will I need to
check the Engineering collections in the library?

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691