Re: tlug: A myriad of mailers

> Thanks, Rex, for all the good information on qmail.
>
> Do I understand correctly that qmail fulfills the same niche that sendmail
> does, and therefore one runs one or the other?

Yes, Qmail is afunctional equivalent to Sendmail (MTA & MDA).  It is
possible to run both simultaneously (although only one can listen on
port 25 at a time, of course).  Why you would want to run both is
questionable, but some people might prefer to run one or the other
solely for inbound (delivery) or outbound (transfer).

There are some very nice SRPMS for RH linux at www.qmail.org.  Highly
recommended.

Regards,
--
Rex
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691