tlug: Device drive resource

Hi, I got this mail from an Ukranian guy that I gave some Linux CDs. I
don't quite understand his description of his problem, but if any of you
guys do know some resources concerning device drivers, could you let him
know? Thanks.

> I need character pseudo-device (f.e. I'll cal it /dev/zzz0) and device
driver
> for it. F.e. I'm doing write on /dev/zzz0 "2" and when read from /dev/zzz0
> I get "4" (2*2=4). At the whole, the work is much stronger, but it's the
> necessary information I have to get to know. So please, if you can - help me
> with any URLs, any books or anything. If you know any very good book which
> I can buy - please advice it for me too.
>
> ANY information are welcome.
> --
> 	With best regards,
> 	Alexander E. Prohorenko<white@example.com>

Best,
Hiroo Yamagata

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691