tlug: Distributions... again :-)

Senario:  I've been asked to evaluate which linux
distribution would be best to develope on for servers based
here in Japan.  Japanese/Kanji support is vital, though the
distribution will most likely be English-based.  I don't
have much experience with the TL distribution yet, exp 3.0,
and would like to hear any recommendations/ experiences/
issues-I-should-keep-in-mind  which any of you  may have to
offer... I'm not a programer :-(, so I won't claim to be up
to speed on issues regarding differences in libraries,
development directions, etc.

The Turbolinux / Redhat  debate has been ongoing here, and
I've checked the archives for past words on the subject.

TIA

Sean Bennett      < sean@example.com >
Nnet/Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.