tlug: Re: Ethernet modules

Darren Cook wrote:
> Now I'm trying to get my original card recognized as eth1. I've compiled
> the module, put it in /usr/src/linux/modules, and can use insmod manually
> to load it.

> I then added this to lilo.conf:
>  append="ether=11,0xb800,eth0 ether=5,0xd000,eth1"
> (values from /proc/pci)
>
> But when I reboot I still only have eth0 there. There is no mention of eth1
> in ifconfig nor /var/log/messages.
>
> My two theories:
> 1.The lilo.conf method won't work with modules. I have to put an insmod
> command somewhere - but where?

Yep.  The options go in /etc/conf.modules  (I'm not sure of the exact
syntax,
but there is probably already a couple lines in there for eth0, and
there's
always the conf.modules man page.  Also, I think RH has a control-panel
tool for this, if you prefer that route.)
--
Howard
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691