tlug: Ethernet modules

My previous problem with RH refusing to install networking I got around by
using a second ethernet card (an NE2000 compatible) and reinstalling. It
works fine.

Now I'm trying to get my original card recognized as eth1. I've compiled
the module, put it in /usr/src/linux/modules, and can use insmod manually
to load it.

I then added this to lilo.conf:
 append="ether=11,0xb800,eth0 ether=5,0xd000,eth1"
(values from /proc/pci)

But when I reboot I still only have eth0 there. There is no mention of eth1
in ifconfig nor /var/log/messages.

My two theories:
1.The lilo.conf method won't work with modules. I have to put an insmod
command somewhere - but where?
2.I've done something else wrong

Any guidance appreciated,

Darren

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691