RE: tlug: Unix Workstations

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Stephen Carter wrote:

> Let me know when you have cash as well as talent.

Sorry, you just flunked the test.

> Naturally it depends on what you want to do, and what kind of money a
> person has, as to what makes a piece of used equipment kick-ass or a
> boat anchor.

*chuckle* What's really good about a SS5?  Folks who don't know sparcs
might be suckered in by the big screen, but unless you have a ffb in the
machine then X performance is going to blow chunks.

The SS5 is the bottom-rung sun4m.  It would make a decent headless server,
performance about on a par with a 486/120.

Nice try, though.

> Should this be on the advocacy list? Or is it appropriate here?

I don't think attempts to gouge TLUG members are topical for any of the
lists.

-- Chris

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691