Re: tlug: Wanted: Tool to create gif's/jpg's in a CGI

> On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 01:11:31AM +0100, Fredric Fredricson wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a tool to use to create images for a
> > web based CGI app. The images are real simple really,
> > just boxes, lines and arrows and some text.
>
> Do you have a preferred language?  I like the Python Imaging Library

If your preference is perl, the GD module makes this kind of stuff easy:

    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/GD

    ABSTRACT:

    This is a autoloadable interface module for libgd, a popular library
    for creating and manipulating GIF files.  With this library you can
    create GIF images on the fly or modify existing files.  Features
    include:

    a.  lines, polygons, rectangles and arcs, both filled and unfilled
    b.  flood fills
    c.  the use of arbitrary images as brushes and as tiled fill patterns
    d.  line styling (dashed lines and the like)
    e.  horizontal and vertical text rendering
    f.  support for transparency and interlacing

    For full information on usage, see the accompanying man and html
    documentation.

Regards,
--
Rex
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691