Re: tlug: Wanted: Tool to create gif's/jpg's in a CGI

Jim Tittsler wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 06, 1999 at 01:11:31AM +0100, Fredric Fredricson wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a tool to use to create images for a
> > web based CGI app. The images are real simple really,
> > just boxes, lines and arrows and some text.
>
> Do you have a preferred language?  I like the Python Imaging Library
> (PIL)... but you'd have to define your own arrows.  It will do boxes, lines,
> circles, arcs, text.
>
> .. http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/index.htm
> .. http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/imagedraw.htm

I am using Perl but thank you very much for the inspiration to
search CPAN, it saved my day. I should have thought about this
myself but I was too busy being frustrated ;-).

Thanx again.
/Fredric
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691