Re: tlug: Scsi devices

I came back to this from a week or two ago.

[Jim Tittsler wrote:]
>... you would have wanted 'mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/mo'  ('fdisk /dev/sda'
>would give you a hint here.)

The mount command didn't work (same error about it not being a block
device). Dmytro Kovalev also suggested fdisk -l, which will tell me all my
partitions. However it seems fdisk is not installed on my machine.

This reminds me of when I was asking about libglide. Is there a good way to
find out which package I need to install to get a certain library or
utility? I was thinking of something like a web page, maybe with a search
function.

While on the mount theme, I've a vfat partition mounted as "/share". It is
owned by root, and only the owner can write. I tried:
  #umount /share
  #chmod og+w /share     (ls -l confirms this worked)
  #mount /share

Now it is slightly different - group can write, but still not other users.
It is "user,rw,auto" in /etc/fstab. Are permissions for mounted directories
controlled somewhere else?

Darren

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691