tlug: Re: I wanna be an ISP...

Darren Cook wrote:
Also can a line still be used as a normal
> phone, or does it have to be dedicated?

Other than callback or call twice methods, I think it depends if you're
willing to race your machine to answering the phone.

I think some fax machines are smart enough not to pick up voice calls.
Do any modems have this ability & can newer mgetty's support it?

> Any advice at all welcome: hardware, software, good sites/how-to's/books to
> read, shops in Aki to get good prices/support, etc.

See mgetty man pages & info files for answers to many of your questions,
except the ISDN ones.

--
Howard
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691