tlug: I wanna be an ISP...

...well not quite. I want to set up:
  1.A dial-in modem line at home so I can access the servers, and the
internet (through OCN).
  2.Similar for an office, which can scale to maybe half a dozen lines.

I then want to take my home solution and expand it to accepting faxes and
voice messages. My  ISDN TA is Aterm IT55 DSU.

I was planning to use Linux, though if someone can give advantages
I'll also consider NT with RAS.

Can a dial-in line handle both analog modem and ISDN lines? Or do I have to
decide which a line will be. Also can a line still be used as a normal
phone, or does it have to be dedicated?

Any advice at all welcome: hardware, software, good sites/how-to's/books to
read, shops in Aki to get good prices/support, etc.

Oh, yet another question. Can the server know the number of the person
dialling it (and then allow access rights based on that)?

TIA,
Darren

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691