Re: tlug: Pine is suddenly flocked

    Stephen> Is it possible that these programs use a non-standard
    Stephen> file locking protocol?  Does anybody know how these
    Stephen> programs perform file locking (and if they use lockfiles,
    Stephen> where they put them?

Steve,

	The only thing I can suggest is "strace". It should show you
where its having permission problems.

    Stephen> (BTW, Chris, I am having a bloody awful time trying to
    Stephen> compile a Sparc
    -> Sparc compiler on an I586.  Go ahead, giggle.)

Actually, I have been contemplating setting up this very same thing. I
do all my development at work under Solaris w/ gcc. It would be really
handy to have a cross compiler and environment on my laptop. Obviously
I would not be able to run anything, but it would make life easier
when I'm at a client's site.

Andy
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691