tlug: "boot failed". Period.

Hello all,

I've been meaning to get in touch with tlug for a year or two, just never
got around to it. This is my 9th year here in Japan.

I tried to install TurboLinux on a Compaq Deskpro EP Series. All I get is
"boot failed." Same result on two machines of the same make & model. CD
works in an IBM Aptiva.

I REALLY looked all over for the solution to this and found nothing.

I started running LinuxPPC on a 9500/120 a week or two ago, but all the
really juicy, pre-compiled, and up-to-date software is for Intel, so I'm
eager to persuade this Compaq to submit itself to my geek lust.

Thanks,

Rich
Richard M. Pavonarius, Global Commons, Inc.
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691