Re: tlug: cheating sendmail

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 09:51:24AM +0900, Tetsuji Rai wrote:

>   I am trying to cheat sendmail and need hints.   What I want to do is that
> the From field of email becomes "tetsuji@example.com" even the email is
> sent by usual mail or mh.   Now I cheat by setting hostname to
> MailAndNews.com, but it causes problems in samba.  My computer is connected to
> internet via ppp, so the real site name is not determined when it is not
> connected to Internet.  Any hints?

In the sendmail sources, the relevant doc you need is cf/README.
Search for "envelope"; what you want to do is spoof the envelope
on mail coming out of your sendmail daemon.  The function in
the m4 configuration macros is MASQUERADE_ENVELOPE() or something
like that.

Good luck,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691