Re: tlug: latex2html with Linux

    Stephen> According to the HTML man of changes for 98.1, alternate
    Stephen> font encodings are supported.  ...

    Dmytro> Ok, but is it really problem of codings? If, for example,
    Dmytro> I don't care about coding at all and all what I need is to
    Dmytro> convert latex's \bla{ } to html's <bla> </bla> for an
    Dmytro> arbitrary 8 bit characters text.  I thought codepage
    Dmytro> parameter is used in latex2html only to put correct <META
    Dmytro> encoding= > tag.  Am I wrong?

I don't know much about the internals of latex2html.  The man page
suggests that it will actually transform known scripts on the fly to
Unicode.  In any case, if it's not working on KOI-8 (which is famously
hard to use in internationalized programs) but does work on other
scripts, there's presumably a coding problem.

What Mule does is to translate KOI-8 to ISO-8859-5, and then translate
that to Mule coding.  Is there any chance you could translate to
ISO-8859-5 (plus some kind of special code for any missing character),
and try latex2html pretending that it's ISO-8859-1?

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691