Re: tlug: latex2html with Linux

    Stephen> I doubt this.  There's only one process writing to the
    Stephen> file, no?

    Dmytro> No, latex2html forks itself for each input file. I tried
    Dmytro> to substitute some of the \input with direct inclusion of
    Dmytro> the file. It helps. But I can't process the whole document
    Dmytro> in this case - it's too big.

OK, I stand corrected.  Maybe you should add another swap partition or
two?

    Dmytro> Also I ran latex2html with -no_fork parameter. Same
    Dmytro> result.

== helps but too big?

According to the HTML man of changes for 98.1, alternate font
encodings are supported.  Unfortunately it only seems to handle
ISO-8859 encodings (plus Unicode).  If you know what the Ukrainian to
Unicode mapping is, it might be pretty easy to hack in the table, and
you could do "latex2html -html_version 3.2,ukrainian,unicode ..."
followed by a sed or perl script that translates the `&#123;' Unicode
sequences back to Ukrainian.  The main remaining problem would be if
the Ukrainian encoding is not ISO-2022 compatible, which I would guess
it isn't if latex2html is blowing chunks on it.

Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691