tlug: 10/100base2 NICs for Linux

Hello all-

I'm a new user who's basically at the "just installed" point, but I've been
charged with setting up a Linux server for a school.  I was able to install
RedHat 5.2 on an older Aptiva here at home without much problem, but now
I've got to go out and put together a box for the school with Akihabara parts.

I've got a 3C509b card at home, but the school is currently a peer to peer
10base2 network.  This could be a sensitive issue, as people sometimes take
sides with hardware, but can anybody recommend me a surefire, no worries
10base2 card easily available off the rack?

Video card also?  The cheapest thing that could get X is what I need.  Is
just about any motherboard OK?

I had hoped to be able to make the meeting and ask around face to face, but
had to work.  Any help would be appreciated.

Glenn Evanish

glenn@example.com

http://www.twics.com/~glenn
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30  Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691