Re: tlug: What is libglide?

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 11:46:49AM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> I decided to start by trying to install Quake from the TLUG CD.
Sounds reasonable to me.

> But rpm complained about needing libglide2x.so. I searched for rpm's of
> that name on the two RedHat CD's I have, but nothing came close. I'm
> wondering if it is part of package, not a package name. If so, how would I
> track it down?

Glide is the library for talking to 3Dfx video cards (Voodoo, Voodoo2,
Voodoo Rush).  If you don't have one, you can stop reading now and just use
X11 Quake or SVGAlib Quake instead of GL Quake.

Check for Glide RPMs from:  http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS.html

Jim

P.S.  There is a great step-by-step article on getting Quake going on Linux
in the January, 1999 issue of Linux Journal.  You can also read about the
process in the HowTo at http://www.linuxquake.com/

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691