tlug: Japanese DOS support under Linux - from the message board

    Jim> Posted by Jack Halpern on February 05, 1999 at 12:00:54:

Whoa!  THE Jack Halpern?  Yow!

    JH> How well do the DOS emulators work with Japanese DOS
    JH> applications, especially editors such as MIFES, file managers
    JH> such as FD, and above all Japanese dBASE for DOS.

I'll try to get back on this later, but I had no problems with
Japanese DOS apps under DOS/V three years ago; I imagine things are a
little better today.  However I don't know to what extent DOSemu has
tracked DOS 6/7.

I know there are xBase emulators for Linux, whether they handle
Japanese or not is another question.  The editor and file manager
issues probably are less important.

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691