tlug: Non-X text editing

>Buying a new one is kind of out of the question... I'm intending to make
>this machine a server eventually. I just wanted to get Xwindows working so
>that i can access the RH control panel which does a few things better than

I've decided that as most of what I want to learn about Linux is
server-related that it is not worth the fuss of setting up X.

However I need a good text editor. I've been using vi, which is not much
fun. Any suggestions? I want something that is easy to learn and use, and
doesn't need to be powerful. From my few trials with Xemacs this doesn't
seem to be what I'm looking for.

Darren

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691