tlug: SCSI PCMCIA card

Hi gang,

I opted to try MO as my backup medium in the end, with less frequent
backups to a communal tape drive.  This required a SCSI adapter for my
laptop.  As I will soon have a Win95 laptop provided for me at work, I
decided to just pick up a common or garden SCSI card from the University
computer shop and see if I could get it to work.

I got the aha152x_cs driver to load, but it complained of a bad IRQ.
Nothing else was sitting on the IRQ in question.  I blocked this and then
several subsequent probed IRQ's, and kept getting the same error
(timeout).  The only evidence from the console that the card was inserted
was a report that it was a "WBT" "NinjaSCSI-3" "R1.0" in response to
cardctl ident.

Before giving up and going back to work, I thought I would take a look for
NinjaSCSI linux on AltaVista.  Surprise surprise: it turns out that the
hardware manufacturer offers their own Linux driver for use with the
PCMCIA subsystem.  I still have to try this out, but it looks as though my
shot in the dark may have paid off:

  http://www.workbit.co.jp/workbit/products/driver/sc3-unix.html

Thought you-all might be interested in this reference, if it isn't already
common knowledge.

Cheers,
--
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691