Re: tlug: Duplicate spawns of pppd

Neil Booth wrote:

> The scripts that come with Redhat 5.2 have an annoying habit of
> respawing pppd when the
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network-functions/ifdown-ppp
>
> script is run.

Ha, got this one. It was hard to work out what was doing what - so many
scripts get launched that I cannot do enough "ps axl"s to work see
parent processes in time, so half of the stuff has parent init.

Anyway, I tracked it down to the damned dock-app wmppp. And do I feel
stupid.

Neil.
Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691