tlug: Mutt-J questions

I just read Rex Walters' good writeup on setting up Mutt for Japanese,
and have a few questions:

Is it necessary to run it in a Japanese-patched RXVT as Rex does, or
is Kterm OK?  Any negatives to using Kterm?

==========================

2) The URL for Kikutani-san's Japanese Mutt patches is now a 404.  The
new URL (or equivalent content) is:

http://home.sprintmail.com/~kikutani/mutt-e.html
(This page is recommended reading)

Can somebody (Jim S?) update this on TLUG?  The TLUG URL is:

(TLUG URL =
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda/writings/linux-nihongo/node42.html)

On that same page what should be a < is coded as &lt; in the patch
instructions.

==============================

I tried using Alien on a Debian package for mutt, but haven't been
able to install the result, so I compiled from source.  But does anybody
know where to get an RPM?

==============================

Finally, the compile is done and make install worked find, and I type
"mutt" and it says:

Need to be running setgid 0 to lock mailbox!

I've just gotten into water over my head.  What does that mean, what
should I do about it, and why doesn't Pine have this problem?

TIA,

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691