Printing X11 output [was: tlug: Sony CD-ROM drive controller]

Please change your subject lines to something relevant.

    VR> My program generates its image output on an X-window screen
    VR> which I can hard-copy using the "xwd" command. I am looking a
    VR> way to redirect the output to a file with out bringing the

You can rewrite the program.  Otherwise, you must display to an X
server, redirection to a file is impossible by the nature of X.  But
see below.

    VR> X-Window display on the screen. I do not want to write the
    VR> output to a postcript file either.

What's wrong with Postscript?

    VR> Is there any way that I can redirect an X-Window output screen
    VR> directly to a file.

Maybe.  There is an X print server extension which allows you to treat
a printer as an X display.  IIRC.  YMMV.  It probably involves writing
a Postscript file.  Sorry.  That's all I know, and this may have been
a DESQview/X-specific extension, although I thought I saw something
about it somewhere.

The other possibility would be to write the program to use Display
Postscript and get an X server that handles that.  But then, you don't
want Postscript.

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691