Re: tlug: PJE

    Eric> Is there anything special in Japanese support for pbm2ppa
    Eric> which allows printing Japanese postscript through this
    Eric> program to my "Windows" printer.

No.  Everything after the invocation of Ghostscript is generic, a
conversion of graphics to graphics to graphics.  No Japanese, no
English, just lots of teensy-weensy dots.

The questions are (1) getting Japanese into Postscript (I usually do
this with pLaTeX; I know there is a Japanized version of a2ps but not
where to get it, probably TurboLinux has an RPM, there may be an
internationalized version of enscript---maybe nenscript is "Nihongo
enscript"?), and (2) getting Japanese from Ghostscript (requires fonts,
and typically a JP-patched Ghostscript, often called gs-VFlib in the
distributions, this will depend on VFlib fonts and the VFlib package).

Probably getting the grand GS package from PJE will be enough, or get
the gs-3.33-vflib package from TurboLinux or JRPM, it will require you
to get the VFlib package which will further suggest font packages, I
would imagine.  This unfortunately means you'll get a very old
Ghostscript (as usual, the Japanese patch screws up certain normal
usages---important to the paying customers of Aladdin, Ghostscript's
developer---for no good reason and the patch was never integrated into
the main Ghostscript source tree).  I think; maybe the patch has been
updated for a 4.x or 5.x Ghostscript.

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691