Re: tlug: Linux and Compaq

On 18:59 99/01/18 +0900, Jonathan Byrne wrote...
> > If you only had included the URL...  ;-)
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,385256,00.html

I got another one http://www.it.fairfax.com.au/990112/industry/industry7.html
telling that Dell will enter the market within 3 month.
Japan Hewlett Packard has done so on the 12th and will start shipping their
stuff in April, i hear rumors that Gateway2000 (Japan, in the US they are
already called just Gateway) will be doing an anoucement within 2 weeks.

Creative Labs is looking for somebody to develop SoundBlaster drivers for
Linux and tomorrow Oracle Japan will announce their formalsuport of Linux.

So I guess '99 will be the year when Linux support by hardware vendors
will start to get main-stream. '98 had been for Databases.

I know this should have gone to advocacy, but I am not subscribed there (^^;

# I can't do the JPNIC contact, I will be gone in October and changing the
# main contact of any .jp domain is a real hassle. Will have to see what
# I do with my OB002JP for some other domains....

           Oliver M. Bolzer
        oliver@example.com

PGP-Public-Key: http://www.forest.impress.co.jp/info/win-j/pgpkey.html
PGP-Fingerprint:   0A A5 48 FB FC 72 69 1A  7E 7F 08 34 48 14 C7 77
「 愛は真心、恋は下心?」

Next Technical Meeting: February 13 (Sat), 12:30 place: Temple Univ.
** presentation: XEmacs, by Steven Baur and Martin Buchholz
Next Nomikai: March 19 (Fri), 19:30   Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691