Re: tlug: X Windows cursor

Hi Stephen,

What you suggested works well, for Netscape at least. File Runner can't
be a Motif application as it isn't affected.

I believe that preventing the cursor from blinking when moving is a
server issue since my understanding is that the server controls the
blinking. Whether or not to have blinking text cursors (whilst
stationary) should be at the application level like it is at present.
I'll investigate this further when I find out more about X.

Cheers,

Neil.

> Hmmm ... try "netscape -xrm '*blinkRate: 0'".  If that works for you,
> add
>
> *Text.blinkRate: 0
> *TextArea.blinkRate: 0
>
> to your ~/.Xresources, if you have it; if not, to ~/.Xdefaults, if it
> exists; if not, create ~/.Xresources with those contents.  This will
> turn off the blinking permanently for all Motif applications (and
> anything else that defines a Text.blinkRate resource).  If you want to
> limit it to certain applications, you need to do something like
>
> Netscape*Text.blinkRate: 0
>
> for each app.
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.