Re: tlug: Sparc Linux

Frank Bennett wrote:
>Or is it reckless to run from Wide to Ultra-wide SCSI
> cable connectors?

It depends if you're talking to the IT department of a company or the
hobbyist next door.  Typical use, I'd say you shouldn't have a problem.
(My system runs from a wide SCSI adapter to a narrow external box
terminated
passively, with no termination for the wide stuff.  Naughty, but it
works
well for me.)  Adapters theoretically make the line noisier, and
therefore more
prone to problems.  You might want to make sure the connectors are clean
& tight, and make sure there's no EM interference along the SCSI cable,
but I'd say you're pretty safe.  Probably safe enough even for important
company use.
--
Howard
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691