tlug: pppd on Sparc RedHat 4.2

Hi,
 Despite the excellent 'message of the month' by Karl 'PPP for dummies'
had to ask this question.

Before I did setup for Intel RedHat several times. May be not without
troubles, but always succeeded. This time I stuck with setup which I
copied from my PC Linux box with some modifications.

So here's the story:

- I connect to ISP not from Minicom but through 'chat'.
- I get IP, and right after this 'signal 10' and disconnected
- have all chap/pap stuff installed (just copied from working PC)

I'm using 38400 8,n,1 on ttyb (cua1)

What I've done till now:

- I tried to follow  Karl's notes and used Minicom instead of chat
- I set parameters for ttyb at the 'ok' prompt to 38400 8,n,1,-
- I tried to set parameters with setserial
- I tried different speeds

All with the same result - 'sig 10' and disconnected as soon as I get
IP.

Is it something Sparc specific or RH4.2 specific or both (and at the
very end  - or I'm just stupid)?

*Any* help on the matter is greatly appreciated.

- dmytro

PS hardware is SPARCclassic

Dmytro Kovalev
Tokyo FI UNIX SA, Consultant
E-mail: dmytro.kovalev@example.com
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.