tlug: Y2K

Hi gang, hows'it?

I need to get my hands on some good information about the Y2K problem and
of course how it relates to Linux, but also on a personal basis I would
also like to know if you have seen anything mentioned anywhere about how
it will affect those of us living in Japan when it becomes 2000.

I am concerned because of rumors I have heard that Japan isn't doing all
that it can to fix the problems and that this can have widespread
after-affects:  no power, no water, no gas (cooking), no trains, no
planes, and etc...  As that will be the dead of winter next year, and I
have two young'uns I would like to know if I should plan a personal
holiday to America during the chaos???

Sorry if this is too personal a question.  Please no flames though, I only
turned to you guys ?and gals? because I thought for sure that you could
help me get a handle on this.

TIA,

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.