Re: tlug: X Windows cursor

Hmm.., I mean the vertical bar cursor used in text boxes and the like
(e.g. Netscape, file runner etc.). They all blink, even when you're
scrolling or typing, making it hard to see.

In GNU Emacs under X windows (not xemacs) the cursor is a pleasant
little purple block, which doesn't blink. Similarly for xterms. Is that
what you're referring to?

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> My cursor never blinks.  Maybe you should find what's making your cursor
> blink and turn it off all the time.  Having it blink when stationary but
> not when moving sounds challenging.

I'm sure it must be a setting somewhere, but I have no idea where.

Neil.
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.