RE: tlug: Dynamic DNS

    Alberto> At 21:10 99/01/09 +0900, you wrote:
    >>
    >> Well, I finally started playing with it today. I tried to
    >> telnet from work to the DHCP assigned IP address. No luck!

    Alberto> Is it possible to access Tokyu's CATV cable modem net
    Alberto> from outside?  Last time I asked, they told me their net
    Alberto> is firewalled by a router that does NAT, masquerading the
    Alberto> internal IP addresses. That was almost one year ago (when
    Alberto> I was put in the waiting list, awaiting for ammendments
    Alberto> in the cable service contract for the apartment where I
    Alberto> live in order to have access to their net).  ---

Well, as you've probably seen by now, I confirmed my worst suspicions
that they are using private IPs :( I not very happy with them. I
explained that I was going to setup my own web and mail servers, and
they said that was OK. You can bet I'll be on the phone Monday, after
having paid 41,000 yen for setup and install.

Arrrgggg.

	Andy
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: Feb 13 (Sat), 12:30    ace: Temple Univ.