RE: tlug: Sun SPARC ss2

> I've only subscribed to tlug-advocacy, so if you answer me, could
> you be so
> kind to send it directly to kilian@example.com ?

I have some of the same questions about installing on a Sparc from a
terminal connection, so I'd be delighted to see this thread continue on
TLUG.

 According to the Red Hat docs for Sparc to set up a machine as headless, it
MUST be set up through a terminal connection. No explanation as to why,
though.

Does anyone know if that applies to Solaris as well? I've just received the
new Solaris 7 (it's free these days)which includes both the x86 and the
Sparc versions, but I'd like to be able to use Linux, as it installs in much
less disk and ram.

Steve

Stephen N. Carter
Information Technology Manager
ACCJ (American Chamber of Commerce in Japan)
3-25-2 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan 105
+81 3 3433 5381 ext 125,  carter@example.com
---
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD