Re: tlug: User names can begin with upper case?

Jim Schweizer wrote:

> If you are using sendmail then you should check the sendmail.cf file for
> the proper M mail delivery agent command. From the 'Bat Book':
>
> The username portion of the recipient's address is ordinarily converted
> to lowercase before being tucked into $u ... some delivery agents
> require the program (user) name to be left as is. Specifying the F=u
> flag tells sendmail to not convert the name to lowercase.
>
> Mprog, P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMeuP, S-10, R=20, A=sh -c $u

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. It's solved half the problem:-

Mprog,		P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
		T=X-Unix,
		A=sh -c $u

>From what you said I inserted the 'u' before the 9 above; it wasn't
there before. I have little clue what the above means; and cannot find
docs on these mailer entries.
I no longer get a "dead letter" message at the shell after doing "mail
Neil". Instead it all appears fine, but procmail sends a message to root
complaining about not finding the destination; the relevant part is

[Quote]The original message was received at Mon, 4 Jan 1999 17:05:08
+0900
from localhost

Neil

procmail: Unknown user "neil"
550 Neil... User unknown[/Quote]

To me the above hints that procmail is still processing "neil", but was
passed "Neil" by whatever generated the line beginning 550 above?? I'm
confused.

Neil.
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD