Re: tlug: Dynamic Domains/DNS

Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 1998 at 07:06:56PM +0900, Andrew S. Howell wrote:
> > My ISP only offers Dynamic IP addresses. This does not appear to be a
> > problem, in that once they assign me and IP, I can keep renewing the
> > DHCP lease indefinitely. ( Well, at least a day and a half so far... )
>
> Ah. It sounds like you are looking for the equivalent of ML's DYNDNS service.
> http://www.L8R.net/ will do it for CDN$25/year.  http://www.dyndns.com/ will
> do it for US$25/year.
>
> A couple of the Vancouver LUG members have offered to do it for their
> membership, and the Ottawa LUG is just organizing a similar effort.  Perhaps
> this should be a TLUG project?

Sounds interesting. What's involved in doing something like this? Is
this a major investment in time/yen or something volunteers can handle
with a minimum of fuss?

Regards,

Jim S.
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD