Re: tlug: Please somebody help

Murtaza,

If you want to change these settings you will need to recompile
your kernel. The settings are in:

      /usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam.h

You can read about these parameters and kernel recompiling in the
Kernel HOWTO.

Regards,

Peter

Your message dated: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:26:40 +0900
> Hi,
> I have installed ORACLE on Linux without changing the shared memory segments
>  and
> semaphores arrarys and everything seems to works fine.
> I installed Oracle on Slackware 2.0.30.
> I think that
> the ML archive or FAQ at
> http://technet.oracle.com also mentions (I do not recall where) that
> there may not be a need to change this.
> This may not answer your question but I hope it helps.
>
> Bye
> Raghavan
>
> mhabib@example.com wrote:
>
> > I am really glad of the daily mail that i get concerning different aspects
>  of Linux
> > BUT PLZ can't anybody tell me how to change the shared memory segments
> > and semaphores arrarys in LINUX. I want to install ORACLE on LINUX and i
> > have to change these settings. They can be viewed by # ipcs command.
> > Murtaza.
Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD