tlug: sendmail

I tried to get the mail-server@example.com to send me the sendmail faq,
but it barfed some excuse, when I did index as the command, it sent a list
which didn't contain any mention of send mail, so I wget (or is that wgot
<grin>) the http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ directory for all *.html *.htm
files.  I am trying to get more info on sendmail.

I certain that sendmail must have a way to reject mail larger than a
certain size from upstream...

-----Wow is this file in /usr/doc/sendmail old or what? 1997!!!

The FAQ is no longer maintained with the sendmail release.  It is
posted regularly to comp.mail.sendmail, comp.mail.misc, comp.mail.smail,
comp.answers, and news.answers, and can be obtained via anonymous FTP
from ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/mail/sendmail-faq/.
If you do not have access to anonymous FTP, you can retrieve it by
sending email to mail-server@example.com with the command "send
usenet/news.answers/mail/sendmail-faq" in the message.

An HTML version is also available at http://www.sendmail.org/faq/.

                                --Eric Allman           19 June 1997

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD