Samba2.0TL on RH5.2 (was tlug: PC-NFS, samba?)

Hey - I had Samba2.0.0-981029TL.i386.rpm up and running yesterday on a RH5.2
system.  Today, I tried the same thing on a new RH5.2 system but it didn't
work.  Then I realized that between yesterday and today PHT has upgraded
their Samba2.0 to Samba2.0.0-981204TL.i386.rpm.

The error I'm getting today is (repeated 10 times during the install, and 2
times when I try to start the server)

    /usr/bin/make_smbcodepage: error in loading shared libraries
    : undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

Samba starts, and has pid#'s, but doesn't show on my network, even after
configuring the smb.conf file.

Has anyone else  gotten the same errors, or know the source of mine??  Is it
likely my errors are due to diffences in yesterdays and todays rpms, or
likely another problem?

Sean.

Scott Stone wrote:

> try the TL binary RPM as well (should be lib compatible with RH 5.2).  If
> THAT works, then something is messed up with your compiler, since
> smbclient -L host does work on TL.  What does an 'ldd /usr/bin/smbclient'
> look like on your system?

Sean Bennett      < sean@example.com >
Nnet/Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.
N-Bldg. 2Flr.;  1-12-24 Minami Odouri,
Morioka City, Iwate,
Japan;        020-0874

Tel:    +81 19-629-2250
Fax:    +81 19-629-2234
PHS:    060-133-1080

Next Nomikai: 14 January 1999, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** it will will be Jan 14 (Thu), as Jan 15 (Fri) is a natl holiday
Next Technical Meeting: 13 February, 12:30               Place: TBD